Summary of Position:
Our Lady of Perpetual Help, RCC located in Lindenhurst is seeking a Part-Time Maintenance Worker responsible for various aspects of maintenance and operations of the parish. Schedule will vary according to parish activities (Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.) Flexible schedule with occasional weekends as needed. This person will report directly to the pastor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the upkeep of all parish facilities.
• Individual must be able to work under the supervision of the pastor and follow parish procedures.
• Perform light carpentry and painting to include wall, ceiling, repairs
• Perform light electrical and plumbing repairs
• Handle parish emergencies when needed and attend to staff members promptly when called.
• Set-ups and breakdowns for parish and non-parish groups
• Perform custodial duties and assist when needed
• Cleaning of facilities, knowledge of maintaining floors and handling industrial chemicals
• Snow removal and maintenance of equipment
• Develop a schedule to routinely check the maintenance of boilers, air conditioners, etc.
• Inspection of property, removal of trash and waste,
High School degree required maintenance experience a plus. Individual must be extremely organized and able to multi-task. This energetic individual should be able to work well with others and able to interact with staff in a friendly and professional manner. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and able to do snow removal. Knowledge of electrical and plumbing a plus.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements to: