The Diocesan Archives serves the following functions:
- To acquire, appraise, organize, describe, preserve, and provide access to records of historical, sacramental, legal, fiscal, and / or administrative value created by the departments and parishes of the Diocese of Rockville Centre in accordance with Canons 486 and 491.
- To provide and maintain secure and organized facilities for the retention and preservation of these records in accordance with Canon 486.
- To coordinate and maintain a records management program throughout the Pastoral Center and diocesan departments.
- To provide guidance on archival issues to diocesan departments, parishes, institutions, and religious orders.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of the history of the Diocese, its mission, parishes, services, programs, institutions, and religious by providing access to researchers, and through outreach activities.
Krista H. Ammirati, Archivist
Office: 631-423-0483 Ext.109